Health Benefits of Eating Macadamia Nuts
1. With significant amount of vitamins B-complex, macadamia nuts help in the movement of digestive tract and metabolic processes.
2. Macadamia nuts have antioxidant properties that help in decreasing the risk of certain types of cancer, like breast, cervical, gastrointestinal, lung, stomach and prostate cancer.
3. The nuts help in building bones and teeth, regulating the body’s fluid balance and promoting energy release and bone growth.
4. They contain iron, which is essential for red blood cell function and enzyme activity.
5. The monounsaturated fat present in macadamia nuts lowers cholesterol, thereby decreasing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
6. Macadamias contain considerable amount of protein that is essential for muscle and connective tissues, hair and nails and blood formation.
7. The nuts promote a healthy nervous system and healthy skin. Consumption of the macadamia nuts helps in the growth of new tissues and also minimizes birth defects.
8. A diet rich in macadamias promotes good health, longevity and reduction of degenerative diseases.
9. Macadamia nuts are also known to reduce risks of cardiovascular diseases, anti-inflammatory diseases, anti-aggregatory diseases and immune modulating diseases.
10. The presence of high amount of dietary fiber helps in promoting satiety, providing roughage, slowing digestion and reducing hunger, promoting desirable intestinal bacteria, reducing constipation and diverticular diseases, and reducing hemorrhoids, bowel cancer and irritable bowel syndrome.
11. Macadamias contain phytonutrients that gives a boost to the immune system and slows down the ageing process.